Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A safehouse. I see one, where girls stay after being rescuced from brothels. Happiness. Is what my heart feels. I am not a victim of human trafficking but I've felt some of the girls' pain. Where is my safehome? I am creating one for myself. Just like building a real safehouse, it takes work and each step makes the safehouse seem more like a reality. I know that some beautiful child is using a toolkit I fundraised for her as she is counseled in a safehome. The photo I've seen of a girl playing with a doll during therapy means more to me than many, many things in my life. Because of kind people giving money to JFCI through my fundraiser last July, another girl just like "Grace" in the photo will be closer to healing. The toolkit has crayons, a dollhouse, toys, etc. Just fun things for children. So to a "Grace", I hope the toolkit you receive gives you comfort when you hurt so badly that it's hard to talk. And "Grace", I am healing with you too. You are an inspiration.

No comments: